Pages

Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Apple Barrel *Heartfelt Creations* and *SOUS*

Today's card sketch at Stuck On U Sketches. Be sure to check out the 
DT's inspiration and join in our challenge!

I followed today's sketch at SOUS for this card. The papers are from Alpine Frost by SEI. The decorative border is EK Success.

All stamped images are from HCPC 3486 Classic Editions PreCut Set
I used Loew-Cornell pencils to color the apples.

SUPPLIES:

OTHER: Alpine Frost by SEI. Kraft. Twine. Loew-Cornell pencils. Distress inks. EK Success border punch. Card Sketch by SOUS.

INSTRUCTIONS:
Cut a background pattern to fit a 4.5 x 6 inch card. Ink and mat with green cardstock. Cut a piece of Kraft for stamping. Stamp the trees with an assortment of green Distress Inks. Ink the edges and mat to brown cardstock. Stamp the barrel with brown ink and die cut. Stamp, color, and fussy the apples. Layer the barrel and apples on the Kraft. Punch a decorative border and paste. Wrap some twine across the card. Adhere the Kraft piece and finish with a twine bow. Adhere the card front to a 4.5 x 6 inch folded card base.

10 comments:

Sarah said...

Gorgeous card! Hugs

Heartfelt Creations said...

Very creative! Love the way you placed the basket in front of the trees - that's what I call thinking outside the basket:)
Emma Lou - Heartfelt Creations

Sandi Clarkson said...

Great job on those trees! A virtual forest for this Colorado girl to enjoy! Love how you did the twine .. cute!

Caroline D. said...

Just beautiful!!! I like how you created so much depth in the forest with off stamping.

Alison said...

I love what you did with the tree stamps--gorgeous!

Kathy said...

Awesome job!!! So much fun building scene's with these stamps! Blessings! Kathy

Anonymous said...

First off, let me say that I really appreciate how much support you are leaving for all the gals...I'm very happy to have had you join us! So far I can tell that you and I would get along really well...I like my girls with lots of personality! =)
So, really love the card, its soft and really pretty with the printed layers on the pattern paper.
Oh..and the layout beyond...LOVE!

xoxo Leah

PaperCutsForU said...

This so adorable! so many uses for this card. Love the extra cute apples :)

Leslie said...

I think this is gorgeous!

Unknown said...

Great take on the sketch Alissa. Loving the stamping, the basket is too cute, and the touch of twine is perfect.... Hugs xx