Pages

Monday, June 6, 2011

Using Glimmer Mist for Journaling Spots

This LO is being featured at Crop Chocolate today.

Nerdy Bird by Sassafras. I could have gone with the trendy shabby chic, flowery fabulousness... or even dark and mysterious with lots of fun TH techniques. It would have been a great opportunity to move outside of my usual style. However, I don't exude shabby chic-ness and I'm not mysterious. I'm something of a clown and a kid magnet. I chose Nerdy Bird by Sassafras since I'm a nerd and a music teacher. I used my kiddie embellishments because I sing, dance, crawl on the floor all day, and thrive on silly jokes. I included a quote about being a mother because it is my most favorite job ever. My little boy took that picture last summer when he was four years old and I thought he captured me perfectly.

Tips and trips for misting and masking.




Made a mistake so I punched a circle and foam dotted it, topped with a button.


My trademark: random brads.

I think this creature looks like me.

5 comments:

Just Jaime said...

This is my favorite misting project ever! Thanks for sharing!

Unknown said...

THIS is why I LOVE reading your blog!!!! This is an awesome idea that I want to try soon. And thanks for the tip on the GM clogs. I'll have to try that on a couple of my bottles ASAP.

Cheryl said...

Oh what a cute layout! I don't scrap but am going to use your idea in my card making.

Micupoftea said...

cute idea, congrats on being featured :)

Jewlez Scrapn' said...

I just got a bunch of glimmer mist as a gift and didnt know what or how to use them. Thanks for the ideas will have to use them this weekend.
thanks for sharing!!!!