Pages

Saturday, May 28, 2011

A Teacher Gift and Christmas Cards

I've seen these little backpacks around in my favorite galleries and finally had the perfect occasion for it. I made one with a little card for my son's teacher for Teacher Appreciation. Boy, oh boy, we just LOVE her! I found a tutorial over at SCS. It is so easy!! I didn't even print the instructions and it took me less than two hours. The card is tiny and simple. It was a little mind-boggling to design such a tiny card. 

I hand wrote the sentiment on the card "You measure up." The fun measuring tape ribbon is by Buttons Galore, got it from HL. The pp are all DCWV.

Wanna see more samples? I always loved this one by Eggette. This one by Pojjo has lace and flowers. Mommy2blueeyes made great use of Coredinations cardstock and distressing.


Christmas Cards.


I just didn't have enough last year so I'm trying harder this year.

I followed a sketch by cardabilities. The papers are from Fruitcake by BG and the sparkly red is MME. The book plate is by Fancy Pants and the vintage label is by MM. That is machine stitching on the edges.

This adorable image is by Penny Black. I colored with pencils. I actually colored the hedgehog over a year ago and I'm not entirely sure what I used. Topped the snow and stars with stickles and chalked blue for the background. I also dabbed the blue chalk on the stickly snow. The hedgehog is cut out and pop dotted. The circle and scallops were cut with the Expression.


On this one, I also pop dotted his little hand/star. More work but I like it even better!

In the end, I think my tree coloring needs work. The trees definitely need to be darker. And topped with a little more sparkle.

I always appreciate my visitors!

3 comments:

Just Jaime said...

Love that tape measure ribbon! Great design on both!

Micupoftea said...

SOOOO cute..thanks for sharing yours and giving us the link for directions and other examples! :)

Marion said...

That is so pretty! The hedgehog is so cute! Love this card so much! Thanks for sharing. By the way can I include this card to my collection of printing samples? Thanks, just email me if your interested.