Pages

Monday, May 2, 2011

Peace.

I love Christmas cards. I've only made a few so far this year but I got this one done this weekend.

I loved this card by shan&terry at SCS. I thought her style would work great with this cabin by Beccy. I love her digis!!!! I colored the image with Prismacolor pencils and blended with gamsol. My shading and direction of light need help but... who cares.

This metal piece is from Fancy Pants. I glued it on with Scotch Quick Dry. Then, I added Tiny Type by Cosmo Cricket and topped with Glossy Accents. Finished with gold brads.

A beautiful flower by Stephanie. It is sitting on layers of MS punched greenery and a corner flourish, cut from Expression. The vintage angel and snowflake stickers are by K and Company.

Another beautiful rose by Stephanie

Stampamajig.
I love this thing. I always ignored it until I saw it demo'd at a Stampin Up class. I bought one right away.

The plastic piece should be flush with the corner, textured side up.

Ink the stamp and stamp on the mat, flush with that same corner.

I use a cheap ink when I do this. I can see it, barely. Position the "ghost" image on the piece that will go in the card.

Position the tool, flush with the corner of the mat. Remove the mat, leave the tool.

Ink the stamp and line the stamp with the corner of the stampamajig.

Voila. A beautiful, straight impression. This piece is on the inside of my Christmas. All straight and stuff. BTW, this sentiment is just some old stamp I scored from a CL pile. Don't know the brand.

5 comments:

Just Jaime said...

Oo that looks really cool! My messages aren't always straight (never!)

Kathy said...

This is gorgeous. Love your coloring of this beautiful wintery cabin. I love to make winter/Christmas cards year round, too. Thanks for showing how the stampamajig works, I never knew what to do with it!

Beccy said...

Well done on your Christmas card, it's beautiful. I particularly like the gorgeous flower in the bottom corner, it really adds texture and interest to the overall design. Thanks for sharing the link to your work.
Cheers,
Beccy

The Scrappy Cottage said...

What a beautiful card. Love the way you colored it up. I so will have to look into that tool you used......

Shannon said...

Thank you so much for the compliment! You took my idea and kicked up a million notches!

Shan (shan&terry on SCS)