Pages

Monday, May 2, 2011

An Oldie Refreshed.

A card that bugs me.
I've had this card in my stash for awhile. I'm not even sure when I made it. I am sure that followed some fabulous card over at SCS (if you recognize it, shout) but I have no idea which one. And I'm also very sure that the card I followed for inspiration was WAY better than this. Problem 1: The fold of the base is cracked because I'm heavy handed with the bone folder. 2: That flower is too big for this card and is in the wrong place. 3: The journaling piece bugs me.

So I ripped it apart...

Added some black stitching to the blue mat. Mounted the front to a new base!

Stamped a sentiment by Fiskars with Archival black ink. Used sparkly Versamark to stamp the weathered background and brushed with brown, sparkly chalk. Can't see the sparkle? Yeah. I'll get a better camera one of these days.

Added that corner piece to help cover up the damage from ripping stuff off. It works.

It's not my best or favorite card but I think it's much more respectable now.

No comments: