Pages

Thursday, May 5, 2011

Baby and Flowers

I feel really good about the baby card stash I've built up. Can't wait to gift them next year!

Quilted Horse.
Papers from Grandma's Kitchen by WRMK and Fine and Dandy by MME. I love Fine and Dandy! I could eat it. I followed a sketch from the archives at Mojo Monday. Accented the card with a ribbon/bow by Prima and machine stitching.

This adorable digi is by Beccy. I've been having fun with her images lately! Colored with Prismacolor, Staedtler and Loew-Cornell pencils. I didn't get the coloring right but it's still good enough for a card so I used it anyway. I do have great intentions to do it again. After coloring, I cut it out with Cutterbee scissors and popdotted to a Spellbinders cut mat.

And three little yellow brads.

Baby Girl.
Papers from Life is Good by EP.



This adorable digi is by Bugaboo Stamps. Colored with Prismacolor pencils. I got a little... adventurous with the shading here. I do like how her skin and bottle turned out. On the bottle, I used a really pale grey/green and white.



Accented with three little pink brads and machine stitching. The trim is by Prima.

Bucket of Flowers.
I wish I had a green thumb so I could have things like this sitting around my yard. Some day. The papers are from Garden Variety/Material Girl by Cosmo Cricket. Ribbon from Chelsea's Place by MM.

Another digi by Beccy! I do like the way the bucket turned out. Everything else has... potential. Colored with Loew-Cornell pencils.

Machine stitching and three little rose gold brads.

So I had strips of scraps ready for the paper recycling when I got an idea! *lightbulb* I decided to use the pieces to decorate the inside matting. Ta Da! I used this idea for all three cards in this post.

Thanks for visiting!

4 comments:

The Scrappy Cottage said...

Three great cards. The baby ones are just so cute, and what a pretty flower card.......

Beccy said...

Wow, you're on a roll today Runz... well done! You're doing a wonderful job colouring your images and you have a good eye for teaming up the colours with your embellishments and papers. Thanks again for sharing your work with me.
Cheers,
Beccy

Just Jaime said...

I love seeing when your blog pops up in my Google reader. I said to myself today "I wonder what goodies she has for me to feast my eyes on!" You did not disappoint. I love three brads together. Beautiful cards and coloring (I can't get over your coloring!)

KrissyClarkMcKee said...

Love, love,love these cards!!!!!