Pages

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Coloring with Pencils (Elf)

I picked up this little Elf set by Stampendous for 50% off almost a year ago and never used it. Got him out yesterday and decided to use pencils and a little chalk on him.

Stamped with Archival black on recycled Bristol paper. 9x12, 96 lb,  $6.99 at HL for 25 sheets. This paper has a textured side and a smooth side. I'm using the smooth side. Picked two shades of green to use on this elf. Laid down my lightest shade, coloring in small circles for smooth texture.

Few strokes of the darker green on his hat.

Blended. I just continue with the darker color and work the color outward. No gamsol or water or anything.

Few strokes of darker green on his mittens.

Blended.

Few strokes of darker green on his jacket.

Blended.

Darker green on his shoes.

Blended.

Used chalk on his face and on the white pieces of his outfit.

Thanks for visiting!

5 comments:

Samantha Post said...

You do such a great job with the colored pencils. I have to use colored pencils too b/c I can't afford Copics! Ha! I'll have to steal some of your tips!

Sandy Ang said...

How fantastic you achieve all those subtle tones with your shading !

AHadley said...

Great coloring - I just love that little guy!

Micupoftea said...

how cute...he is the perfect image to use Sparkly Fluff on! Great shading~

Stephanie said...

Terrific job coloring that elf...he's so cute!