Pages

Saturday, June 28, 2014

a rosy hello

It's been awhile since I've done a hardcore card that didn't include Heartfelt Creations. Thank goodness for them or I wouldn't be making cards at all!

One of my New Year's resolutions was to color one new image per month. I'm behind now by about 2 images. I'd like to get caught up in the next few days. My coloring skills are rusty.

Inspiration for this card started with this beautiful image from Beary Wishes, Follow Your Heart by My Mind's Eye, and then a CASE study of Michele Kovack's card.

I find reds challenging. However, it gets easier since my habit of coloring to match a paper collection. I colored this image with Prismacolor pencils and topped with Diamond Stickles. I used Spellbinder dies to cut the stamped image and the square doily.

Here I have a layer of ribbons, button, and twine. How nice is that bit of sparkle on the button?

I tried to keep the coloring on the butterfly simple and then topped with Diamond Stickles. I used Antique Linen Distress Ink on the edge of my image.

Thanks for stopping by!

CHALLENGE:

4 comments:

PaperCutsForU said...

Beautiful as always!!!

Sarah said...

Your coloring is gorgeous and the card design is so beautiful!

Jo Nevill said...

Such a pretty card

Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Wednesday Challenge this week.

Jo x

Kathie ~ Beary Wishes said...

I am doing a Reno job on my blog/shop and came across your Comment. I'm sorry that I missed it and did not visit your blog.
So here I am....it's been a year but I will leave a comment anyway..
I think you did an amazing job on the card. The coloring came out wonderful. You wouldn't know it was Prima pencil crayons.
Nicely done and love all the sparkle!
Hugs, Kathie