Pages

Monday, June 10, 2013

Hummingbird Hello

It's my summer vacation! WAHOO!!

A couple of weeks ago, it came to my attention that it's been several years since I've used this old favorite hummingbird stamp by Inkadinkado. I've also been rediscovering my love for coloring and put two and two together...

Papers are from Madeline by Prima. The border punch is Fiskars. I learned how to do double bows from YouTube last night. Aren't they cute? I colored the stamped image with Prismacolor pencils. I kept the flowers simple but went a little wild on the bird. I used Pebbles shimmering chalks for the bit of blue glow around the image and Tim Holtz distress inks on the edges. I'm really liking the raw look of pencil so I didn't do any blending with OMS or colorless blender.

Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

Kristi said...

WOW! This is absolutely gorgeous! I adore that stamped image and how you added color:it looks hand drawn!