Pages

Saturday, May 5, 2012

A Card In Five Days

It always makes me sad that I have no energy in the evenings to craft. I get up at 5:30 am M-F, sing and dance and bark orders all day, get home by 4, off to the gym, make dinner, supervise homework, watch TV, and sing the "Baby Bear" song. At home, if I'm not busy with my little boy, I play around on the computer.

Sound familiar?

So, I thought I'd come up with a manageable plan. Kinda like how I force myself to run just 2 miles if I'm so tired I can't get my head around more reasonable goals.

On Sunday night, I must straighten up my craft space before bed. Nothing like a mess to turn off my mojo!

MONDAY: Choose a sketch. I have a short list of sketch sites on the left sidebar. Many folks collect sketches on Pinterest. Find a card challenge. Or choose a card to lift. Just pick a point of inspiration.
TUESDAY: Choose the papers. If the sketch looks like it has three different patterns going on, choose three coordinating papers. Maybe even pick a coordinating solid for matting.
WEDNESDAY: Choose the main image. This could be as simple as a piece of ephemera or as complicated as a stamp. Stamp and color, if needed.
THURSDAY: Choose the embellishments. For me, the basics include ribbon, Stickles, and a border punch. If you're feeling good because tomorrow is Friday, go nuts! You can make a pile of possible embellishments or start attaching them. Also do any needed die cuts.
FRIDAY: Assemble the card.

I'm going to try this... next week.

3 comments:

PaperCutsForU said...

We understand!! :)

Nichole Koch said...

Great Ideas! I hate it when I've got all kinds of scrapping time and no energy to do anything :( If I hit the gym everyday I definitely wouldn't be able to do it!

KrissyClarkMcKee said...

Ha! Let me know how that works out!!!