Pages

Thursday, April 26, 2012

My First Card- Heartfelt Creations

When I first got my Semi-Finalist package from Heartfelt Creations and saw the contents, 
I almost immediately had this first card in mind.

I did a search for an extra boost of inspiration and I'd like to give a shout out to these ladies:


I started by stamping the door with Archival ink and adding a bit of color and distress with Distress Ink. The paper is from Miss Caroline by My Mind's Eye.

I accented the sentiment with Distress Ink and Stickles. Finished the look with a post and flowers.

I stamped this image with Archival Ink and colored with Prismacolor pencils, using OMS to blend.

I used a fun green trim to allude to grass.



SUPPLIES
STAMP(S), DIES AND INK: HCD 717 Layered Scalloped Posy Die 
HCPC 3439 Flirty Fleurs PreCut Set
Archival black and sepia inks. Tim Holtz Distress Ink. 
PAPER: Miss Caroline from My Mind’s Eye. Bazzill. American Crafts.
COLORING MEDIUM: Prismacolor pencils, OMS
TOOLS: Cuttlebug. Heat gun. Glossy Accents.
EMBELLISHMENTS: Stickles. Green trim. Glimmer Mist. Screw brad. Gems. Stardust pen.



INSTRUCTIONS 
  1. Stamp the sentiment with Archival black ink. Cut to 2x.75 inches. Ink the edges and top with Stickles. Set aside to dry.
  2. Stamp the door with Archival sepia ink. Ink the edges and distress with Vintage Photo distress ink. Cut out.
  3. Stamp the flowers with Archival black ink. I like to use the textured side of Canson Bristol XL Recycled with Prismacolor pencils and OMS. Fussy cut. Accent with Stickles. Set aside.
  4. Die cut the smaller half circle pieces from the HC Spellbinder Dies “Layered Scalloped Posy” set. I like to use thin cardstock with these dies. Spray with glimmer mist. I used Wheatfields.
  5. Die cut an elegant post and ink the edges.
  6. Heat emboss some posies and die cut. I cut 9 flowers. Used a stylus to curl the petals.
  7. Cut a 5 3/16” square piece from MME wood paper. Ink the edges. Mat to brown cardstock.
  8. Glue down the door. Glue down the three half circle die cuts. Use foam dots to adhere the flowers on the right. Use Glossy Accents to attach green trim for grass.
  9. Glue the elegant post. Embellish with a screw brad. Attach the sentiment below the post. Arrange and glue down the posies. Accent with gems.
  10. CARD BASE: Cut a 5.5 x 11 inch square piece of thick, white cardstock. I like textured CS for card bases. Score at 5.5. Attach the card front to the base.
Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: