Pages

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Featuring Melonheadz and Beccy

Scroll down for the Whimsy Stamps Blog Hop.

Have I mentioned how much I love digis? I started using them back in February and I am SOOOOO addicted!

The digi sentiment is by Melonheadz. I could spend all day on her site!

Papers are from MME. The bead trim is from HL and is definitely one of my favorite embellishments lately! I hold it down with Glossy Accents.

I hold down my bows with Glossy Accents. Check out my tutorials for tying a bow.

Three little brads.

The digi is by Beccy. I've spent a lot of hours on her site too! The background paper started at a piece of white cs. I distress inked with Old Paper and Vintage Photo. Added a misting of Forest Green. Stamped with a Stampin Up flower, archival black ink. I discovered this technique at SCS last year and LOVE it. BeckyTE did an awesome job on this card. I don't do it often enough. The LO and textures on this card were inspired by patsmethers.


I colored with Loew-Cornell pencils. I got some coloring and shading ideas from Dini and warrd.

6 comments:

Just Jaime said...

Love the bead accents on the first card. The second card's image is breathtaking---it's your coloring skills!

Paula-Scrap Addict said...

wonderful job on the coloring!

PaperCutsForU said...

I'm sooo "feeling" the first card!! LOVE it!!

Dina Kowal Creative said...

Thanks for the comment, and the shout-out!! Doesn't Beccy have some great images?

Micupoftea said...

Great cards...you always make such a variety...not cookie cutter~ :)

Beccy said...

Wow, what great cards! I'm blown away by all the work you've put into the background of the second card... hard to believe it was once plain white! Thanks for sharing your work with me again.
Cheers,
Beccy